In general there are two types of Call Recorder, the single line recorders and the multi channel recorders. For every type there are several different models.
Line recording - Handset recording - Extension line recording
- Soft Call Recorder Classic , Soft Call Recorder USB
- Call Recorder Pico
- Call Recorder FeaturePhone 175
- Call Recorder Single
- Call Recorder IP
To have your own personal Call Recorder our Single line Call Recorders can be used for recording on analog telephone lines, directly on the line or on the handset. This way you can record telephone conversations regardless of the telephone you use.
Extension line recording is another possibility with the Vidicode Call Recorders. As there are many different suppliers of PBX’s you always need to contact Vidicode or your Vidicode dealer. They can give you an advice about what kind of equipment you need. When you contact us be sure that you know the brand and type number of your PBX and telephone sets and, if available, the software version running on your PBX.
Trunk side recording
Most of our multi channel systems are used for trunk side recording (which means that the recorder is connected directly on the incoming public network connection).
- Call Recorder Octo | Quarto
- Call Recorder PRI
A huge advantage of trunk side recording is that it makes no difference to the recorder which telephone is on the other side of your PBX, even when you choose an other kind of equipment in the future. Once you made an investment in Vidicode equipment you are sure that you are always prepared for the future.
Our engineers have developed a special technique called “Pass Through Mode” which offers the possibility to add services to your telephone traffic. To the PBX the Call Recorder acts like the Net line, to the Net line, the Call Recorder behaves like the PBX.
Some of the extra services this Pass Through Mode enables:
Please contact Vidicode for additional information.
- Call pickup + recording announcement An incoming call is picked up by the Call Recorder, an announcement is spoken on the line (f.e. “Good afternoon, you have reached Vidicode Datacommunicatie. This call is being recorded for security reasons”) and then the call is transferred.
- CLIP filtering CLIP (Caller Line identification presentation, so called Caller ID) filtering makes it easy for the Call Recorder to record only the lines that need to be recorded. The recorder is able to read, block, suppress or change the internal identification of the extension on the line before letting the call pass.
- “STAR” action commands Several commands can be given to the recorder, like delete last recording (usually *99), start recording, mark last recording, send recording by e-mail (usually *11) etc.